REGISTER FOR THE PICKLING CONTEST ON THE DAY OF THE PICKLE FESTIVAL BY 11:45 am.
The Pickling Categories
- DILL PICKLES
- SWEET PICKLES
- DILLY BEANS
- PICKLED FRUIT
- PICKLED ROOT VEGETABLES
- PICKLED VEGETABLES
- BEST OF SHOW
HOME PICKLING CONTEST RULES
- Please submit 2 jars for each category entered. (One jar is for display the other is for judging.)
- The jars should be labeled with only what category it is to be considered for.
- Jars must be unopened with a proper seal. Wax or broken seals will not be accepted.
- Entry form is available (online?) and at the event. Judging is blind and you will be assigned a number for each entry.
- Contestants are limited to a total of 1 submission per category.
- Contestants may enter as many categories as they wish.
- Scoring is 1-10 points for appearance, flavor, quality and texture. Total 40 points.
- Best of Show is based on overall score tie breaker is the consensus of the judges.
- Entries must be submitted by 11:45 am and judging begins at Noon.
- Awards at -TBD
- Prizes awarded 1st, 2nd, in each category, and one Best in Show award.
Vendors bring YOUR “A” game for set up and display as The Pickle Festival judges will recognize displays for extraordinary effort as we value our vendors so much.
CONGRATULATIONS 2019 CONTEST WINNERS
Dill Pickles: #1 Backyard Brine #2 Yard Owl Sweet Pickles #1 Kilhaney’s Pickles #2 Epic Pickles Dilly Beans #1 Kilhaney’s Pickles #2 Jered Haag Pickled Fruit #1 Papa’s Best Batch #2 Alekz Obry Pickled Root Vegetables #1 Frank Detz #2 Alekz Obry Pickled Vegetables #1 Jered Haag #2 Perry’s Pickles
2018 Contest Winners
Special Thanks to Bernie & Jill Obry for running the contest!!! …with thanks to the judges Tammy Firmbach , Christine Detz Gustafson , Eri Yamaguchi .
Best of Show – Spacey Tracy’s Pickles
- Dill pickles – 1st place – Jered Haag score 87
- Dill Pickles – 2nd place – Backyard Brine score 75
- Sweet Pickles – 1st place – Puckers Pickles score 83
- Sweet Pickles – 2nd Backyard Brine score 82
- Dilly beans – 1st place Jered Haag score 76
- Dilly Beans – 2nd place Perry’s Pickles score 69
- Pickled Fruit – 1st place Spacey Tracy’s Pickles score 83 (Pickled Pineapple)
- Pickled Fruit – 2nd place Lorraine Fritch-Chipko Score 81 (Cherry BBQ Dipping sauce)
- Pickled Root Vegetable – 1st Place Robert Fritch score 91 (Pickled Onions)
- Pickled Root Vegetable – 2nd Place Alekz Obry score 84 (Pickled Beets & Onions)
- Pickled Vegetables – 1st Place Spacey Tracy’s Pickles score 90 ( Mixed Garden vegetables)
- Pickled Vegetables – 2nd Place Pucker’s Pickles score 85